Looking back on my uni days, I can see how the lads might have seen me as a bit of a wet blanket.
I didn’t drink much
Was in a long term relationship
And spent most of my time studying, lifting and building the early stages of JCF
I wasn’t the most fun dude to be around
I kept a tight leash on myself from distractions, and I led my life that way because I wanted to succeed so badly.
And doing so led me to complete my degree, make my business grow, and become one of the top bodybuilders in the world for my division.
I lived by something I call reward delay
It’s about minimising dopamine hits like drinking, sex, drugs, partying and focusing more on longer term goals of success i.e. winning bodybuilding shows or building a big business
Because we tend to become impatient for results, and make the mistake of going for quick fixes or work on our goals for a short amount of time
Hoping we’ll be successful but that’s simply not how it works.
One of the ways that could help us achieve long term success is to look at who our father figures are.
I’m fortunate to have an amazing father who is very switched on, but a lot of guys did not grow up having one.
A father figure or a good role model plays a very important part in the way we view success and hard work.
And it’s important that we have one very early on in life.
But if that’s not available, we can try to find ourselves a mentor.
Someone who can guide us and keep us in check when it comes to reaching our summit and be an amazing human being.
A lot of high level guys come to us because they understand the importance of having a mentor and they want to get even better.
So if you find yourself struggling to stay on track with your long term goals
You can start considering getting yourself a mentor or hit the link to watch the full episode for the full pow-wow.
Hope this helps.
- Learn more about my coaching, how you and dozens of other superstars like yourself can change your life for the better: https://jcfcoaching.com/
- Stay on track with your progress with us: https://www.facebook.com/JCF-Support-Team-532089067167965
- Join our Facebook Group and meet like-minded individuals: https://www.facebook.com/groups/highperformancemen
- Learn more about the Hierarchy of Health: https://jcfcoaching.kartra.com/page/access
- Learn more about identifying your Summit: https://jcfcoaching.kartra.com/page/summit