Steve battled with depression for years.
He wasn’t the father he wanted to be, he wasn’t the partner he wanted to be, he wasn’t in the shape he wanted to be in and
he certainly wasn’t where he thought he’d be at that point in his life.
Steve struggled with suicidal thoughts and reached a point where it almost got too much.
Like many of us guys, Steve used to think that his problems were special and that nobody understood him, so he refused to get help.
Until he reached out to work with my team
And I’m glad he did.
Fast forward nine months of working with our crew… he’s in the best place he’s ever been.
His relationships have improved, his bakery business is killing it, he’s looking savage, and he’s finally the father/partner he’s always wanted to be.
Steve credits this to stepping up despite all the bullsh*t reasons he’s told himself in the past.
I’ve met a lot of blokes who’ve been in a rut like Steve’s, but he’s got a really cool perspective on mindset and the development of human beings that I really feel everyone ought to hear.
Hit the play button now because this is pretty enlightening stuff.
- The bullsh*t ideas we should stop telling ourselves [00:59]
- Understanding the definition of ego [03:10]
- Learning to pick ourselves up when the trials come again [05:59]
- The negative effects of growing up from a broken family [08:09]
- Drawbacks of refusing to seek for help [10:08]
- Everything start to look up when we start owning up [14:01]
- We are not our mistakes but we can learn from them [18:39]
- Why we make bullsh*t promises to ourselves [21:09]
- Why unreasonable pressure will help you break out of a rut [25:34]
- Steve’s past life as a pastor [29:02]
- There’s no such thing as failure, only feedback [36:40]
- Why going with the flow leads us to our purpose [40:37]
- Reach out to Stephen [49:21]
Learn more about my coaching, how you and dozens of other superstars like yourself can change your life for the better: https://jcfcoaching.com/
Stay on track with your progress with us: https://www.facebook.com/JCF-Support-Team-532089067167965
Join our Facebook group and receive FREE information how you can slay through life like a savage: https://www.facebook.com/groups/highperformancemen
About My Guest
Steve Coops is the Founder of SDC Influence Inc. He is a former pastor and runs a successful baking business called Baker’s Delight in Brisbane.
Thanks for tuning in! If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to like, subscribe and share this podcast. I’ll see you at the next one!