We’ve all heard the words “Go big or go home.”
But when it comes to strength training,
Is that all there is?
It’s fulfilling to find yourself stronger than others.
Stronger than you were yesterday.
It’s quite the ego boost when we got all the other fellas to see
That we’re going hard on the weights
And crushing our strength training like a beast..
But do we really need to outwork everybody?
Or is that your ego talking?
You’ll probably feel “amazing” at the beginning.
But to what expense?
My guest Thomas Lilley is here to break the mold
Of how stepping up your powerlifting can only be achieved with bigger deadlifts,
And maxing out everyday at the gym.
Thomas is a phenomenal powerlifter.
He’ll teach us how we can reduce our chances of injury,
Train smarter not harder,
How to be a record-breaking powerlifter, and more!
As we dig deeper into the higher-level concepts of strength training
If you’re one of the guys who want to go further into your powerlifting journey,
Or battling with nagging issues from intense training injuries,
This episode is for you.
See you there, legends.
- [01:26] The bees and the beekeeper
- [08:30] Thomas’ beginnings of his powerlifting journey
- [11:16] The time Thomas attempted to break a Guinness World Record
- [13:54] Getting into coaching from being an athlete
- [14:33] Dealing with injuries and pain when powerlifting
- [17:05] Pain management 101
- [20:31] How is it like coaching record holders
- [21:28] A coach’s secret method to success
- [25:42] What is Thomas’ gold standard for a lifter
- [27:48] The biggest mistakes coaches make
- [30:30] What should you do if you want a bigger deadlift?
- [33:47] Monitoring sleep
- [37:32] Breaking the mold of typical powerlifting gyms
- [39:28] Understanding business when opening gyms
- [40:36] Building relationships and creating a community
- [42:55] What makes a good leader?
- [44:40] Tips and techniques in maintaining the quality of your service
[48:00] Coaching coaches
- Connect with Thomas Lilley on Instagram @zero_weakness
- Visit the Zero Weakness website at https://www.zerow.com.au/
- Learn more about my coaching, how you and thousands of other legends like yourself can change your life for the better: https://jcfcoaching.com/
- Stay on track with your progress with us: https://www.facebook.com/JCF-Support-Team-532089067167965
- Join our Facebook group and receive FREE information how you can slay through life like a savage: https://www.facebook.com/groups/highperformancemen
- Learn more about the Hierarchy of Health: https://jcfcoaching.kartra.com/page/hierarchy_of_health
- Do you want to reach your Summit? Sign up here for FREE: https://jcfcoaching.kartra.com/page/life-summit